How I Simplified My Google Ads Campaign Structure
When I first started working with Google Ads, I thought that having more ads in each ad group would give me more opportunities to find a winning combination. Because of that, I ended up putting around ten different ads into a single ad group. It sounded like a good idea at the time, but in practice it made the campaigns much harder to analyze.
With so many variations competing for the same budget, I couldn't clearly understand which ads were actually performing well. Some received plenty of impressions, while others barely collected enough data to make a meaningful comparison. The overall structure also became unnecessarily complicated, and I found myself spending more time trying to interpret the results.
Eventually, I decided to have my account restructured by GADS Agency by Mary. Their team went through the existing setup and reorganized it into much tighter ad groups built around individual themes. That immediately made the account easier for me to understand and manage.
One of the biggest changes was reducing the number of ads in each group. Instead of having a huge collection of different variations, we focused on using a small number of well-developed Responsive Search Ads. The approach I ended up with was generally two to three responsive ads per ad group, which gave Google enough variations to work with without spreading the available data too thin.
Having access to a reliable Ads support agency also helped me understand how Responsive Search Ads actually fit into the testing process. Rather than creating ten completely different ads and hoping that one would eventually work, I could focus on a couple of strong versions and let Google test different headline and description combinations.
The new structure also made performance reviews much easier. With each ad group focused on a specific theme, I could see more clearly which messages were generating impressions, clicks, and conversions. It became much simpler to compare the results and decide what needed to be improved.
I now prefer having a clean campaign structure with a small number of strong ads rather than filling every ad group with endless variations. For my account, two well-crafted responsive ads per group have been enough to give Google room to test different combinations while keeping everything organized.
The biggest lesson for me was that adding more ads doesn't automatically mean getting better results. In my case, simplifying the structure actually gave me much better visibility into campaign performance and made the entire account considerably easier to optimize.

Комментарии
Отправить комментарий